Young Nigerian entrepreneurs
Now let’s observe the list of billionaires in Nigeria. Consider the following ones:
1. Affiong Williams. It might be hard to believe, but this woman is just 29 years old. She is a founder of Reelfruit. This fruit processing company appeared in 2012. They deal with processing, packaging, and branding quality products. Their first one was range of dried nuts and fruit snacks. You can find them all over Nigeria nowadays. This striking woman has managed to get several awards, including Women In Business Competition in the Netherlands as well as SME exhibition in Lagos. What she is currently trying to do is expanding her company into airline market. It would make it even more successful.
2. Abiola Olaniran.This man is even younger than the previous entrepreneur is – 26 years old. He is both a founder and director of Gamsole (gaming company). It is situated in Lagos. It was also founded in 2012. Nowadays he is thought to be the highest paid Windows game developer in Nigeria. His company deals with mobile games as well. Their products have about 10 million downloads by now.
3. Bankole Cardoso. He is one, who is always ready for changes. Being just 26 years old, he has become founding chief executive of online taxi hailing application, Easy Taxi Nigeria, an Internet-backed startup. Nowadays he is engaged in new project; however, he still cooperates with Easy Taxi. Besides, he claims that their application has managed to become extremely popular in both Lagos and Abuja.
4. Emeka Akano. He is a very innovative businessman. Together with his partner Chinedu Onyeaso, they have created a match-making service, which is now useful for all the African entrepreneurs. It is called Founder2Be. It looks like online dating – all you need is just to click for having a deal. Besides, two of them also established web developing country, known as Entarado. They create effective applications and solutions for various business purposes.
5. Ola Orekunrin. This is another woman in the list. She is not only a current managing director, but also a founder of Flying Doctors Nigeria Ltd. It is air ambulance service, which is situated in Lagos. In fact, this is the first company of such type in the whole West Africa. They provide people in need with helicopters, airplane ambulances, and other evacuation services. As a businesswoman claims, tragedy motivated her to create a firm. Her little sister died at the age of 12. She grew up in England and obtained proper medical education. She was the youngest to take the doctor’s Hippocratic Oath in Britain at the age of 21.
You see, these people a really successful. It’s not always obligatory to get degree in finance or have lots of money. All you need to become the richest in Nigeria is working hard.
It isn’t easy to become sophisticated entrepreneur. Nevertheless, everyone has a chance to try. First of all, you must develop special qualities, which will be useful for your business development in the future. Remember that you need to talk to people and be ready for negotiations. There is no need to argue, all you must do is follow you plan and achieve your goals.
It is better not to give up and accept your failures as important lessons. Try making use of them!
In Nigeria, there is large number of gifted people, who has managed to start their business. It’s wonderful that more of them are young enough. It means that in future the economy of the country may get great development. So, don’t be scared and never miss the opportunity. You may become the next young billionaire!
Young Nigerian entrepreneurs